Brown Bag Sessions: Job Crafting
Do you feel stuck at work? Are you questioning if you're on the right career path for yourself? Or maybe, you love your job but you keep burning out?
Join us in this session as we explore the science of Job Crafting!
In this session, we invite you to try the simple but often overlooked act of attaching meaning to your work and how it could potentially allow you to recharge your zest in life! Come share your experiences with work-life balance, working environments and burn-outs, and learn how to manage your well-being at work.
We will be discussing the following question. Take some time to gather your answers to it before the sharing.
👉Question: What specific actions can you take to apply the 3 forms of Job Crafting (Task, Relational & Cognitive) to craft your job?
📅 Date: 20 May 2021, Thursday
🕗 Time: 8pm - 9.30pm
❗❗ As homework before this session, watch this video on 'Job Crafting': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_igfnctYjA
🤓 [OPTIONAL - If you'd like further in-depth readings: http://bit.ly/JobCraftingReading & http://bit.ly/JobCraftingAcademicReading]
You are strongly recommended to turn on your microphones and cameras to actively engage in discussion.
Our Brown Bag Sessions are a community-run initiative to promote greater happiness and well-being within the community. If you love to explore the science of happiness and well-being and how to benefit the community, this is it.
What Can You Take Away From This?
1. Learn more about Positive Psychology, each session focuses on a different topic introduced via a reading, video or article
2. Meet new friends to share your experiences and thoughts with
3. Have intimate discussions on your relationship with these theories and how they could apply to our own lives
Brown Bag Sessions will be held over Zoom and is a safe space to interact with others who are also interested in learning more about well-being. Everyone at this session is highly encouraged to come with an open mind and heart.
ABOUT HAPPINESS INITIATIVE
Happiness Initiative is a social enterprise that translates the science of happiness and well-being into actions people can take. Hence, helping people live a more fulfilling life and take a preventive approach towards mental health conditions.
We focus on three areas:
1. Raising awareness on the science of wellbeing
2. Translating research into practice and programmes
3. Building a community that promotes the practice of wellbeing.
Follow us on Telegram for more science about happiness.
- The event description was updated. Diff#999738 2021-05-06 13:33:11